Wednesday, November 21, 2007

O! I am in a Big Worry

O! I am in a big worry that is what I always think about myself. I worry for anything and everything like say for example:

My daughter is just two years old but she has lost her canine teeth so I am in a worry!

My boss has got a promotion that makes me worry - worry because you don’t know how the new boss is going to deal with things and particularly me!

My friend has bought a big car, I am in a worry because his company is paying more for the less work he does than me!

My client manager does not take any decision and sits like a dumb ass! - That worries me a lot

I got worry my wife with all these and she gets worried because of me.

O - holy god, Why should I be worrying so much when I don’t have to worry for things that are beyond my control ?

So, I went to a swamiji seeking his advice. You know, he told me a small story

He came across a prince who has lost his Kingdom, He had to live in forest with his wife and brother, his wife was kidnapped by someone - With this much told he asked me if I am in such a pathetic situation?

I said - definitely not this bad! – He said Ok Good to hear that by the way do you know who was that? I said no – He said the prince was later known as King Rama – King of Ayodhya.

He started again: You know, here is another chap he came across who promised that he will never lie and just keep his promise he ended up loosing his Kingdom, his wife became a slave, he son died and he worked in a cemetery

He then questioned me if I have any such worries – I said nop, not at all, I said they are not worries but more a pain to pass through

He said O’ is it so? How do you compare your worries with these? When compared with it, mine seems to be simple.

So you got the answer!

I said yes, I understand that this is simple when compared with these but my worries are bigger for me and why should I compare with these?

He said, yes, that’s the message, you just stop comparing yourself or events associated to you with others.

You worry because you compare events associated to you with everything else and when you can compare all things why not compare your worry as well?

As long as you don’t compare you will not have worries because you do not have the power to change certain things and the best is to accept such things.

After all everything has to change and this will also change hopefully for good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I only worry about others Jagan , those who deal with me :) lol ... I dont worry much. After reading, "How to stop worrying and start living - Dale Carnegie" the little I used to worry, now I know to put them behind.
Anyways! Nice read .. but guess it was Rama very easily ...

Smiles,
Vinayak

Jagan said...

Thanks Vinayak for your feed back as always.

Ya i wanted to add couple of other small stories but didnt want to worry too much on to that so just left with Ram...