Monday, December 03, 2007

Together they inspired me

Inspiration in artistic composition refers to an irrational and unconscious burst of creativity. Literally, the word means "breathed upon".

I am sure all of us get inspired by something or the other. I have seen an artwork in my office cafeteria. It had a small statement that the art is an inspiration of desert sand pattern.

I have come across people who are inspirations for others. These people are self motivating and they try to do something different for what ever reasons.

This works well if they have like minded members tagging along with them. Then the inspiration takes a shape into action.

One of my college, I had heard of him before he started working with me. This chap keeps writing of what ever he comes across. In fact he goes to the level of writing a blog about the damages made by his manager. Not sure to call it as guts, but to look things in a positive sprit it’s an incident that looked funny to him.

I got inspired on his writings and started writing blogs. Lol, day by day I started writing more and assume it has improved. This chap is always there to comment on them.

This is another incident that happened in my office.
Some of my colleges who were young and energetic had always wanting to do something. Because they were a group and were living almost together they do all crazy things. Some of the crazy moments that I remember.

• They all will remove their moustache for a week
• They will all have their hair done
• They will grow French beard for a while

Perhaps there is a leader who decides what they should be doing differently for the following week.

The ultimate was coming to work wearing tie to office. There is nothing shocking if everyone is wearing a tie but unfortunately my client office is not strict in mandating any business attire.

You know what happened, even the customer them selves were wondering if they have missed something.

One of my colleague went back home to get himself dressed with a tie. Poor chap did not know the reason why people are dressed so.

Thought this can be called crazy but most of us were inspired by it. As many joined in this tie club even the boss has to accept to the group formality and was forced to join the tie club. I joined the tie club last week. To be honest it was nice to be dressed this way. Not sure if everyone in the club were inspired, I was definitely and perhaps assume others were motivated

7 comments:

Joe said...

hahaha... I know who went back home to wear a tie ;-)

Jagan said...

Joe thanks for reading
I know you will know... :-)

Anonymous said...

Being a member of the this club (moustache removing club),i think this is because, there are very few people who would comment upon it here than in our own place, and afterall its something that is going to grow anyways right.I think removing moustache and growing french beard is rather trendy than inspirational ..

But, when it comes to wearing tie, it is definitely proving to be an inspiraton to many and we are continuing to see many others being inspired..Yes..we all need inspirations to get us going..and now that that you are inspired and started wearing tie..many others would be inspired by you..

Jagan said...

Thaks Stephen for reading.
Yeph, moustache removing club did not go that well guess and looks like eventually got shut down. But the tie club is flourishing and is really inspiring.

I was thinking perhaps what about coming to work place in coats and suits?

Joe said...

Suit might be taking it one step too far ;-)

Jagan said...

sure is, but guess it will be interesting to see the reaction...

Unknown said...

:) Here to comment again! Great to know Jagan ... I guess its me whom you have mentioned ;) and yes, I write horribly and honestly on anything under the sky or at least I became that way. [போன தடவ மாறி நானே நாரலியே? ;)]

And on your post, yes, it is mostly one person's thought that spills over to a group and then a larger group. The tie was one good example. And couldnt stop laughing when Nitesh went back to get dressed up with a tie.

Great to see you write frequently Jagan. Keep it going strong ...

Smiles,
Vinayak